hello,
there might be advantages for using lex camera over pearl but
personally i am happy with the performance of pearl camera. secondly,
in my view, when thing comes to assistive technology, if i am spending
additionallly on such devices, to me, after sales support and brand
matters lot. as pearl is manufactured by freedom scientific company
having vast experience in this field as compared to vision aid
technologies,  i can be best assured with its support in case of any
assistance. no doubt, Mr. Abhinav from sparsh product is always
available for any queries and has good amount of supportive
stratigies, but i don't know whom to approach besides him as i found
this to be one man show. i may be wrong in my findings.
thanks,

On 1/11/14, Sakshi Agrawal <sakshiagrawal19...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> b) both the cameras have 5 MPX resolution
> c) Openbook cannot save in pdf format, which is highly required by student
> like me because the layout needs to remain the same
> d) size of lex camera is quite small
>
> Please correct me if I am wrong. Your views are highly appreciated.
>
> Sakshi
>

> On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 1:12 PM, Sakshi Agrawal <
> sakshiagrawal19...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your suggestions. I am currently using Abbyy fine reader with
>> normal flat bed scanner which is great. But As i need to scan a lot of
>> books i am thinking to switch to a camera scanner.
>>
>> I think the distributor of VisionAid in India is Sparsh in dehradun. i
>> will contact them and give my feedback to you.
>>
>> Sakshi
>>

>> On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 11:51 AM, Amar Jain
>> <amarjain2...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Sakshi,
>>>
>>> It is surely a challenge to scan A3 size books with normal scanners.
>>> The OCR gives quite inaccurate results.
>>>
>>> You can either use camera scanners, or you have to unbind the book in
>>> order to get good results if you are using a normal scanner.
>>>
>>> ReadIt HD from Vision Aid is the only product as suggested by Mukesh
>>> bhaiya which caters to A3 size as far as I know. However, check their
>>> support quality (of the company and not of the distributor), because I
>>> was not impressed when I interacted with Vision Aid in 2011.
>>>
>>> If you don't plan to spend that much, then I suggest you to go for
>>> camera scanners which cater to A4. Pearl is one of them which I
>>> regularly use, and I must say that it gives quite good results with A3
>>> size as well.
>>>
>>> A point to look here is that what kind of material you need to scan.
>>> In my case, it is mostly a text, with footnotes. Do you have pretty
>>> colored book to scan with lots of images in it? Is the material
>>> written in column format (news paper style)? Or it consists of Maths
>>> and stuff?
>>> In that case, I advise you take an in-depth test of the camera
>>> scanners while making a choice.
>>> All companies claim that the OCR works good in such cases, but you
>>> really have to tweek the settings according to the book.
>>>
>>> And if camera scanner is not you want, then which OCR you are using?
>>> Consider buying a big scanner with good PPM (per page minute) speed.
>>> But you will have to carefully deal with the books if you can't unbind
>>> them for scanning at all.
>>> Cannon's scanning quality I have always liked.
>>>
>>> HTH,
>>> --
>>> Amar Jain.
>>> Website: www.amarjain.com
>>>
>>> Time to meet up again!
>>> Register for AccessIndia Convention 2014:
>>> http://accessindia.org.in/harish/convention.htm

>>> of mobile phones / Tabs on:

>>> please visit the list home page at

>>> veracity;

> Time to meet up again!
> Register for AccessIndia Convention 2014:

Mukesh jain
Email:
mukesh.jai...@gmail.com
muk...@mukeshjain.org

website:
www.mukeshjain.org
Skype: mukeshjain211
Mob: 09977165123
"Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them; but do not let them
master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight. "

Helen Keller