request to all
Please read the draft Bill before signing/e-mailing  your letters.
Blind people will be at the margins and no remedy will cure if this
Bill passes in its current form.
The Identification of posts is still in the jurisdiction of
Governments' and only 15/20 per cent posts out of all are identified
for the disabled.
Please don't act in haste.
On 1/16/14, Suhas Karnik <suhasvkar...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> also met Congress President Smt. Sonia Gandhi subsequently, on January 9.
> All these leaders have assured their best support to the speedy enactment of
> this legislation.
>

> A response to a letter seeking an appointment with the Minister for
> Parliamentary Affairs, Shri Kamal Nath is still awaited.
>
> As decided in the last meeting, to provide boost to this endeavour, two
> meetings in centres outside Delhi have been planned. A meeting is slated to
> be held at Chennai on January 30 and a meeting will take place in Kolkata on
> February 2.
>

> Despite the assurances given by leaders of various political parties, we
> need to be cautious and extra vigilant. It was therefore decided that to
> build up the pressure from below, individuals and organisations should pool
> in all their energies and resources to mobilize people to write to the
> Minister of Parliamentary Affairs, Shri Kamal Nath as well as to all
> possible MPs (at least to those in their respective constituencies) and
> political leaders urging them to see that the Bill is tabled and passed.
>

>  E-mails, inlands, postcards, telegrams as may be convenient to each
> individual or organisation may be sent. A profoma of the letter that can be
> sent is attached herewith. You may also modify the letter to suit your
> convenience, the main thrust being that the Disability Rights Bill be tabled
> and passed.
>

> To take the campaign a step further, the meeting decided to have a huge
> mobilization of disabled persons from the entire country in Delhi on
> February 3, 2014.
>
> It was also decided to approach different groups, organisations, students,
> youth and whosever is interested in lending support to this campaign to
> mobilize the numbers for the 'Rally for Disability Rights' on February 3.
> The exact venue where we will converge will be intimated shortly.
>

> Simultaneously, those who are unable to travel to Delhi for whatever
> reasons, will hold demonstrations in state capitals, towns, district centres
> etc as per their convenience. Disabled people in the entire country should
> be on the streets on February 3 demanding in unison the passage of the Bill.
> The mass of the disabled citizens has to be mobilized and galvanized.
>

> As stated earlier, despite the assurances, there should be no let up in the
> vigil. Nor do we need to tone down the campaign. On the contrary, it needs
> to be scaled up to new heights to ensure that the Bill is tabled and
> passed.
>

> --
> Communication Unit:
> National Centre for Promotion of Employment for Disabled People (NCPEDP)
> A -77, South Extension Part II
> New Delhi - 110 049, India
> Tel.: 91-11-26265647 / 26265648
>
> Websites: www.ncpedp.org and www.dnis.org
> Find us on Facebook and Twitter
>

> Time to meet up again!
> Register for AccessIndia Convention 2014:

Avinash Shahi
M.Phil Research Scholar
Centre for The Study of Law and Governance
Jawaharlal Nehru University
New Delhi India