Hi!
Thanks a lot for such a nice initiative. I have a question in my mind. What about the witness for opening the account? Will any one of you help for the same?

-----Original Message----- From: Rahul Gambhir
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2014 12:14 AM
To: AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerningthe disabled.
Subject: Re: [AI] Opportunity to open bank account at AI convention

Dear friends,
Opening a bank account is an issue faced by many of us, the  problem
starts at a very first level of acceptance of application by bank
official due to lack of awareness about the provisions and circulars
of reserve bank of India and banks in particular for extending banking
services to visually impaired persons.
When we were approached by Harish Kotian sir with this idea for AI
convention, we considered it as an excellent platform for exploring
practical solution for the issue.
Friends, an important clarification here is that Union Bank of India
is NOT formally involved in the A I convention and camp but we
visually impaired staff of Union Bank of India are working on the idea
and facilitating the process.
At our level we did the same thing during the Banking Accessibility
Workshop organized on 09/11/2013 at NAB Delhi. Of course we got a
positive support from bank’s Delhi regional office on this. So please
note that this is a first step for facilitating the account opening
process at the A I convention camp for opening a savings bank account
with Union Bank of India. Applicants also need to further
Ensure compliance of bank KYC norms and complete the process at their
Local branch level
. We assure our support to the applicants for successful completion of
the process.

Regards
Rahul Gambhir