Dear friends,

Mr. Santosh rungta's revealing letter which has lately been put out in
the public domain by shri ajay arora [and he must be complimented for
doing so] should serve both as an eye-opener and a wake-up call to all
persons with disabilities  including to the blind. Needless to say
that the said letter gives a vivid account, in sequential order, of
all that had transpired in the last several days in relation to the
so-called joint forum over the proposed RPD bill. It is now abundantly
clear that the threat posed to the unity amongst persons with
disabilities by this gentalman whom Mr. Rungta has appropriately and
adequately unmusked in his said letter, is of phenomenal proportion.
Those who have been tracking the sinister moves of this gentalman from
close quarters will bear me out when i say that the manner in which he
conducted himself is quite in charector and therefore, is perfectly on
expected lines. Let us remember that one does not become a monk merely
by wearing a cowl.
Echoing sentiments similar to those expressed by avinash shahi, H S
negi and others i would hasten to add that we, the blind, can only
ill-afford to adopt an astrich-like stance by not recognizing the
unpleasant reality, and by not acting accordingly. As a blind citizen,
i very strongly feel that this presiding  deity of the anti-blind
lobby must be curbed and contained at all costs, and, with all our
might and resources. Why on earth should the blind sacrifice their
legitimate interest in the name of fake and shallow unity, and, in
favour of self-seeking and self-serving individuals of the ilk of this
gentalmen, if i may call him one who is out to harm the blind in ways
which are both subtle and clandestine?
Of course, we want unity; but we want unity which is real, not rhetorical.
Thanks indeed to Mr. Santosh rungta and his associates for their
timely intervention.

Poonam.

Time to meet up again!
Register for AccessIndia Convention 2014: