The Week's News in Adaptive Technology

A Flying Blind, LLC Publication
http://www.flying-blind.com/

To ensure that you continue to receive Flying Blind, LLC Publications
please add en...@flying-blind.com to your address book today.

Read this Volume of Top Tech Tidbits on the web at:
http://www.flying-blind.com/tidbits2014/02132014/index.html

This Week's Featured Advertisement: One Barely Used Eyepal Ace
Portable Scan and Read System for $1,895.00 USD!!!

This week Flying Blind, LLC is most pleased to be offering an EyePal
Ace Scan & Read System for over 20% off of its suggested list price.
This portable, OCR life-changer provides mobile battery-operated
access to hardcopy print in both speech and large print on an easy to
read display. Also, the EyePal Ace Scan & Read System offers an
additional audio reminder application so that you don't miss those
important appointments while you are reading your favorite book,
magazine, or restaurant menu! This unit is just over 3 months old and
has never been used by a customer - it's in phenomenal condition, and
while we believe we could sell this unit for closer to its resale
value, we're keen to find it a great home with a customer who reads a
fair amount of hardcopy print audibly and visually. Price includes
shipping within the Continental United States. This is a single unit
that will be sold on a first come, first serve, basis. To be the first
to secure this unit, please use the Buy Now link included below. For
additional questions, or to purchase this product offline, email
featu...@flying-blind.com or call +1 (216) 381-8107 today.

Buy Now - One Barely Used Eyepal Ace Portable Scan and Read System for
$1,895.00 USD - Flying Blind, LLC Online Store
http://www.flying-blind.com/store/refurbished-sale-items/eyepal-ace-portable-scan-and-read-system.html

1) The February, 2014 issue of AccessWorld contains information on
Setting up iCloud Keychain on Mac Computers and iOS Devices, an
evaluation of accessibility of the Surface Pro 2 using Narrator, a
review of the BARD Mobile app for iOS, and a review of Jonathan
Mosen's book on Twitter:
http://www.afb.org/aw/main.asp

2) Learn about Getting into Talking Communities with the iPhone on Tek
Talk on GMT Tuesday, 18 February at 01:00:
http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rsc9613dc89eb2

3) If you might be interested in an electronic penpal magazine, write to:
adrijana.prokope...@gmail.com

4) You can get the latest tech book from National Braille Press, "Get
the Picture! Viewing the World with the iPhone Camera" for $15 in
electronic and paper Braille, Word, DAISY and CD formats:
http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/GETPIC.html

5) Dolphin offers upcoming webinars on Guide, SuperNova and SaySo:
http://www.yourdolphin.com/book_appt.asp

6) Marco from Netscape was an enthusiastic Mac user, but he is
switching back to Windows. Here is his account:
http://www.marcozehe.de/2014/02/07/switching-back-to-windows/

7) "Why Don't Screen Readers Always Read What's on the Screen? Part 1:
Punctuation and Typographic Symbols":
http://www.deque.com/dont-screen-readers-read-whats-screen-part-1-punctuation-typographic-symbols

8) PC World UK gives us "How to create hotkeys for Windows sleep and shutdown":
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2090921/how-to-create-hotkeys-for-windows-sleep-and-shutdown.html#tk.rss_all

9) This ATIA presentation is called "QuickBooks Desktop Accessibility
- How we did it.":
http://www.slideshare.net/7mary4/quickbooks-desktop-accessibility-how-we-did-it

10) And here we are with more audio content than we had last week:

>From BGZ come:

Phases of the Moon accessible Android App:
http://www.blind-geek-zone.net/phases-of-the-moon-accessible-android-app/

Phases of the Moon accessible iOS App:
http://www.blind-geek-zone.net/phases-of-the-moon-accessible-ios-app/

Speaking Clock, Tell Me The Time (Android)
http://www.blind-geek-zone.net/speaking-clock-tell-me-the-time-android/

Braile Mon:
http://www.blind-geek-zone.net/braile-mon/

And Demonstration of the Tassimo Machine:
http://www.blind-geek-zone.net/demonstration-of-the-tassimo-machine/

>From various sources:

Serotek Podcast 187:
http://serotalk.com/2014/02/12/serotalk-podcast-187-flaming-spaghetti-letters/

SeroSpective for January, 2014:
http://serotalk.com/2014/02/07/serospectives-this-month-in-tech-for-january-2014/

AccessTalk Podcast 23: Heston Blumenthal, Victor Stream, Kindle Fire
HDX & the Samsung Galaxy S5:
http://AccessTalk.co.uk/podcast-23

Demo of using online internet radio with the Victor Reader Stream from
Humanware firmware 4.3 update:
http://davidwoodbr.podbean.com

Fedora Outlier with VaShaun Jones:
http://coolblindtech.com/podcast/fedora-outlier-with-vashaun-jones262014

http://blindpodcaster.com/other-people-drop-in/

>From AppleVis: Umano for iOS: Daily Headline News and Thousands of
Articles Narrated by Real People:
http://applevis.com/podcast/episodes/umano-ios-daily-headline-news-and-thousands-articles-narrated-real-people

Turn the Music on Your iOS Device into Your Own Personalized Radio
Station with Streaming Killed The Radio Star:
http://applevis.com/podcast/episodes/turn-music-your-ios-device-your-own-personalized-radio-station-streaming-killed

And from Eyes on Success: Raspberry VI:
http://www.eyesonsuccess.net/eos_1407_podcast.mp3

***************************************

SIGN-UP: Do you, a friend, or colleague wish to receive Flying Blind,
LLC Publications? If so, use or pass along our new CAPTCHA-free
sign-up link:
http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?llr=nk4jr4bab&p=oi&m=1101643709773&sit=m474tpjcb&f=7b4ac55f-c862-455f-941f-7fa1ff20bf56

FACEBOOK: Are you on Facebook? Stop by and "Like" Flying Blind, LLC to
begin receiving Top Tech Tidbits for Thursday as part of your Facebook
News Feed at www.facebook.com/flyingblindllc.

RSS FEED: If you prefer an RSS Feed, you can access Flying Blind, LLC
Publications as they become available using
www.flying-blind.com/feed.xml.

YOUTUBE: If audio / video is more your style, then you can follow
Flying Blind, LLC on YouTube at www.youtube.com/flyingblindllc.

ONLINE STORE: Shopping for accessible technology? Check out the Flying
Blind, LLC Online Store at www.flying-blind.com/store.html. All
products offered in the Flying Blind, LLC Online Store are products
that Larry L. Lewis, Jr. either personally uses, or publicly endorses.
Flying Blind, LLC is proud to offer free shipping & handling on all
orders over $100.00 USD within the 48 continental United States.

TEXT-ONLY: Would you like to receive text-only versions of Flying
Blind, LLC Publications? If so, find the link at the bottom of each
Newsletter titled "Update Profile/E-Mail Address", and check this
option.

QUESTIONS: Tidbits is intentionally concise, and we know a lot of
people may not understand some items because little explanation is
given. If a particular Tidbit brings up a question in your mind, feel
free to ask, and we will try to answer as time and knowledge permit.

ARCHIVE: Visit the 2014 Tidbits Archive at
http://www.flying-blind.com/tidbits2014.html where you can grab back
issues.

CONTENT: Any information for future issues of Top Tech Tidbits may be
directed to our editor, Dean Martineau, at d...@topdotenterprises.com.

SUBSCRIPTION OPTIONS: You can subscribe to Flying Blind, LLC
Publications on the Flying Blind, LLC Website at:
http://www.flying-blind.com or by texting "FLYINGBLIND" to 22828.
Either method will provide you with an accessibly friendly and secure
medium through which you can subscribe to our mailing list. Just enter
your email address, click send, and begin receiving Flying Blind, LLC
Publications. It's that easy.

***************************************

Privacy Policy:
http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp

Flying Blind, LLC | 955 Pembrook Road | Cleveland Heights | OH | 44121

--
"Life is like a piano.
White keys are happy moments

Follow me on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/starhoze

Skype ID:
star.hoze

Warm Regards,

Hozefa...

Time to meet up again!
Register for AccessIndia Convention 2014: