-----Original Message-----
From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf
Of Kiran Kaja
Sent: 21 February 2014 11:20
To: girishsethi2...@gmail.com; 'AccessIndia: a list for discussing
accessibility and issues concerning the disabled.'
Subject: Re: [AI] Regarding web sites in india.

Section 508 doesn't require all websites to be accessible, only those run by
federal government departments and agencies. There are various state laws in
the US as well of course.

I do think that it is a missed opportunity to not include and advocate for
web and online services accessibility in the current RPD bill. I am told
that there is a requirement on electronic content but from what I heard read
out at Techshare 2014, the requirement sounded to me very vague and
ambiguous. It sounded like electronic content needs to be provided in
accessible format but I think this is intended for any promotional material
that the government produces. Of course a lot depends on the definition of
electronic content or content if they have a definition to begin with.

Regards,
Kiran