Dear All,

Thanks for your appreciation. This is a voluntary initiative which can
actually help banks to fulfill one important directive in the RBI circular
"Need for Bank Branches / ATMs to be made accessible to persons with
disabilities" dated 13-04-2009 in which a clear mention as "Banks may also
bring the locations of such Talking ATMs to the notice of their visually
impaired customers".

As you people started using this website your inputs can help in further
improvements.  That's the way things get better with greater usage and
constructive feedback. Please write directly to
talkingatmindia@gmail.comto avoid traffic on A I if you have inputs or
if you faced any issues.

Friends, during the database built up of this site, we did lot of search to
find Talking ATMs list by various banks who have already installed such ATM
machines on respective bank's website for official source of addresses made
available by then in the public domain.  But we could not find such lists
other than Union Bank website.

We will be very grateful if our group can help us and locate public domain
sources/links. We have clearly mention in our disclaimer section that "The
core idea is to develop a database of ALL Talking ATMs in India installed
by nationalized, private, foreign and cooperative banks".  Mr. Banker has
already mentioned that he was unable to locate it on SBI site.

In the meanwhile post launch of this website we have written mail to SBI
and BOB to share their Talking ATMs addresses for this site. In our online
search we found that both banks have officially announced installation of
Talking ATMs for the blind.  We are awaiting their positive reply.

Please read website disclaimer and other links so that your few basic
queries will get answered related to this website locator.  Still many
people feel partial voice guidance enabled through speaker on ATMs is a
talking ATM for blind.  This was the recent case in the last week when one
of our list members called me saying a talking ATM he used gives only 4-5
prompts.  A document named difference between partial voice guidance and
talking ATM for the blind is circulated through this list many times.
As creators of this site on behalf of my teammates my sincere thanks to
Harish Kotian for launching this website service during the 4th A I
convention.
Friends his point to use Talking ATMs regularly is a key need.
Thank you.
PRASHANT NAIK