Hello Aishwarya,

>From my limited knowledge:

Music - They can learn from anywhere or access music from youtube etc.
just like any able bodied person using screen readers on computers

Dance - I learnt a bit from Shaimak Davar institutes. They are more
cooperative and experienced.

Readings - Bookshare.org, livrebox for audio books, for Braille and
audio books NAB Delhi and NAB Vorli, Mumbai

Craft - Not commercially rewarding, but people with not very high
qualifications can go for NAB workshop or NAB rehabilitation at
Mahalaxmi, Mumbai. There are many centers who are teaching employment
skills in computer trainings and physic therapy.

Sports - In Mumbai, we do have chess and cricket competitions.

Audio games - Namely, Papa Sangre. Not very assuming though on iPhone.

Audio movies - I think you mean to ask about audio descriptive movies.
You do get them online. More relevant for Hollywood movies. Some I've
heard are: Titanic, wedding crashers etc. They do it very well.

Can you be pleased more specific about camps, institutions? Like for
trekking Young Zingaroh and Kalpvihar take Vis along.

Just a last request, please try to make newly blind feel less
marginalised. I mean, all things catering to special needs of blind
are fine, but they should not feel less confident to make room for
themselves in mainstream facilities. I could do that with Shamak
Davar, swimming, trekking, and marathon running with bit of
adjustments and of course great help of scores of kind people.

On 3/1/14, Aishwarya Pillai <aishwarya3...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am working for LVPrasad Eye Institute as a rehabilitation Counselor.
>  We are soon going to come up with a website which will be a resource
> for all the Visually Impaired, their families and friends, field
> professionals, etc.  I am gathering information on Leisure and
> Recreation for the Visually Impaired as it is one of the verticals on
> the web page.  I have made few sub headings under this link.  The
> headings are as follows-
> 1. Music (schools, courses, bands, Organisations, online tutorials,etc)
> 2. Dance (Schools, dance groups, Organisations, etc)
> 3. Literature (online blogs, posting articles, libraries, etc)
> 4. Crafts (any place where a VI can learn to make crafts)
> 5. sports (indoor games, outdoor games, products and gears, coaching
> camps,Organisations, etc)
> 6. cultural programmes/Competitions. ( any where in india)
> 7. Audio games (Info about the links and stores where such games are
> available)
> 8. Audio movies ( info about any such movies)
> 9. Camps/Scout clubs (Organisations, Institutions etc)
>
> I kindly request you all  to please forward any such information that
> you have.  The information can be regional, National and International
> as well.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Aishwarya,
> Rehabilitation Counselor,
> LVPrasad Eye Institute,
> Ph: 040-30612841, 040-30612842
> Email: rehabhelpl...@lvpei.org
> Website: www.lvpei.org/helplinenew

"The waves breaking on the surface draw all the attention,
But it is the current beneath the water that determines your direction..."