really its very sad incident. These police and, politicians behaving
very badly. Whithout any humanity.

On 3/2/14, habeeb. c <habee...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The hindu
>
> For Ram Karan Singh, an Arjuna Award winner in athletics, going for
> the Asian Games trial in April now looks like a far-fetched dream. The
> 23-year-old,
> who was partially visually challenged, lost his eyesight completely
> after he was injured in the police action on Thursday. The police
> 'highhandedness'
> took place during a protest against issuance of an ordinance on the
> Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill.
>
> The Persons with Disabilitiess, who were a part of All India
> Disabilities Alliance, were protesting outside Congress vice-president
> Rahul Gandhi's residence
> when the police used force to evict them. They wanted to meet Mr.
> Gandhi and convey their message to the President requesting him not to
> sign the Ordinance
> on Rights of Persons with Disabilities Bill as is being planned by the
> UPA government.
>
> "Earlier in the day, my friends were protesting against the Bill at
> the All India Congress Committee office. In the evening, I got to know
> that they were
> lathi-charged; some of my visually challenged friends and I went to
> support them. We were protesting in front of Rahul Gandhi's residence.
> The police had
> erected barricades and when we tried to cross them the policemen hit
> us with lathis," said Mr. Singh, talking to The Hindu.
>
> "I was hit on my left eye and several other friends too were injured.
> We were taken to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital, where the doctors told me
> that the lens
> of my eye has been dislocated. I cannot see anything after that
> incident," he added.
>
> Mr. Singh had lost his eyesight in an accident when he was 14 but was
> able to see with his left eye after he was operated upon in 2006. That
> is when he
> applied for the CellOne Marathon in Delhi in the disabled category and
> won the gold medal in athletics. This was the first step towards a
> sporting career
> and he never looked back.
>
> In 2010, he received a silver medal in the Asian Games; in 2011, he
> won a bronze in the World Championship in Turkey; and in 2012, the
> prestigious Arjuna
> Award was conferred on him.
>

> --
> Habeeb C.
> Vice President Kerala Federation of the Blind.
>
> Assistant Professor of English
> Centre for advanced studies and research in English Language and Literature
> Farook College.
> Calicut.
> Phone. 09946265483.
> Email. habee...@gmail.com
> Skype Id. habeebc3

thanks and regards. Siddalingeshwar Ingalagi. State: Karnataka.
Country: India. My contact info: mail ID: ingalagisi...@gmail.com
facebook: http://m.facebook.com/siddalingeshwar.ingalagi/ join my own
group on facebook: ShareEverything!
http://m.facebook.com/groups/201402363354521?refid=27/ twitter: