I am keenly following this discussion about difficulties faced by
persons with blindness in Delhi Metro. And wish to share few things:
A) whenever you are in difficulty and cluless at Station,  dial
helpline numbers (155370 and 22185555) ladies/men will come and assist
you. This service works well.
B) I wonder why don't Delhi Metro train blind travellers about how to
use tactile pathways? How many of us actually know how this path helps
us and where does it lead to?
C) I heard from one of my friends who took part in First Asian Para
games held in Guangzhou China, that there one can't jump or fall on
Metro track, in fact only train door opens rest is covered with
glasses.
D) being a blind, I can bouch Better travelling experience outcome is
based on better mobility. So hold a stick and march on... the more
you're dependent the more you're scared.

On 3/5/14, Preeti Monga <preeti.mo...@silver-linings.co.in> wrote:
>  Incedently Sweety was with someone from her office and had assistance! Can
> you imagine what could have happened if she was alone?
> Preeti
>
> Preeti Monga
> Director
>

> Mobile: +91 9871701646
> Landline: 011 22781446
> E-mail: preeti.mo...@silver-linings.co.in
> Website: www.silver-linings.co.in  ;  www.silver-linings.org
> Our Services: Executive Search - Specializing in Head Hunting. Training
> -Motivation; Stress Management; Soft Skill; Behavioral. Gifting - Corporate
> ; Promotional;  Events. End to end CSR Advisory; including demystifying
> workshops  and counseling. Printing Solutions,  Incentive Travel and
> Marketing Data Mining / Refining..
>
> We  assure  high quality service marked with excellence and complete
> customer centricity, forming Synergies as we go along.

>>> thedisabled.
> [...]
>>> incident happened around 5-20 p.m.
>>>
>>> "I put a leg forward thinking I will step on the train but my left leg
>>> went
>>> in completely into the gap between the platform and the train. It was so
>>> unexpected, I couldn't understand and when I was pulled up I felt
>>> bruises
>>> on
>>> my right ankle, knee and elbow," she said. Fortunately for Ms. Bhalla,
>>> her
>>> co-passengers helped her up before the train's doors shut on her.
>>>
>>> A resident of Karol Bagh, Ms. Bhalla travels from Jhandewalan to Nehru
>>> Place
>>> and back on a daily basis. "The gaps at all stations should be uniform
>>> so
>>> that no untoward incident happens. This is especially dangerous for
>>> young
>>> children who can fall into the gap while boarding or de-boarding the
>>> train
>>> at rush hours," she said. "The problem is that in some places the gap is
>>> smaller and at others it's larger. There should be some uniformity," she
>>> added.
>>>
>>> Ms. Bhalla said similar incidents have happened twice before at Rajiv
>>> Chowk
>>> and Udyog Bhavan stations. "There is a lot of rush especially at
>>> stations
>>> such as Rajiv Chowk. The Metro should have segregated entry and exit
>>> points
>>> into trains so it helps manage the crowds in an orderly manner."
>>>
>>> Ms. Bhalla, who suffers from retinitis pigmentosa, which has rendered
>>> her
>>> blind since birth, was part of a committee that did an external audit on
>>> the
>>> first line of the Delhi Metro that connected Welcome and Kashmere Gate.
>>>
>>> "I was part of a 'disability committee' that provided inputs to the
>>> Delhi
>>> Metro on how to make stations friendly for Persons with Disability. We
>>> had
>>> then reviewed three stations," she said.
>>>
>>> Following Thursday's incident, she rang the helpline number of the Delhi
>>> Metro and was told that she will be contacted after the footage from the
>>> station is reviewed.
>>>
>>> A Delhi Metro spokesperson said that at the point of frisking, Ms.
>>> Bhalla
>>> was asked by CISF staff if she needed assistance to reach the train but
>>> she
>>> declined because her colleague had accompanied her to the station. "We
>>> do
>>> make regular announcements asking passengers to mind the gap between the
>>> platform and the train. The passenger had called the helpline number but
>>> it
>>> takes some time to review the footage," said the spokesperson.
>>>
>>> However, Ms. Bhalla denies Delhi Metro's version that she was asked if

Avinash Shahi
M.Phil Research Scholar
Centre for The Study of Law and Governance
Jawaharlal Nehru University
New Delhi India