I just wish to add my concern, what if Disabled children could speak
for themselves.
Only enrolment without enabling infrastructures will compound the pain
of little kids.
in childhood when peer classmates say: 'andha? langda? bahra?' we
can't conceive what it feels to children with disabilities. mental
trauma coupled with physical unease drives them to hate their
disabilities.
sign language is not used at 99 per cent schools and colleges so what
will hearing impaired children will do in such so called mainstream
schools?
On 3/14/14, Asudani, Rajesh <rajeshasud...@rbi.org.in> wrote:
> Frankly, I think today's education has become so much graphical that no
> teacher in mainstream schools would be able to teach blind students.
> I don't comment about other disabilities.
> So, we are pushing totally blind children into educational hell by forcibly
> procuring admissions for them in normal schools...
>
> Special teachers of SSA are not a panacea and just serve a symbolic function
> of meeting special needs...
>
> Long live inclusive education..
> I have long maintained that special schools at primary level and integration
> thereafter with full supportive services is the need of the hour..

Avinash Shahi
M.Phil Research Scholar
Centre for The Study of Law and Governance
Jawaharlal Nehru University
New Delhi India