Good morning every one.
I have holidays for 2 months.
I want to spend my time in an efficient way.
for this I need your suggestions.
I actually wanted to create website for the visually challenged.
but I know many websites already.
I thought of creating a website for sharing resources especially in
regional languages.
because its very difficult to get audio books or other materials in
Hindi, Kannada, bengali etc.
this can be one of the feature of the website.
so far I have not found any website catering to this need(Parden me if
I am wrong).
there are lot of  websites for books, magazines, legal requirements,
banking  etc so I don't want to repeat it again.
what other features can I include keeping visually challenged in mind?
and I also want to develop software that would help the blind.
I thought of developing a software  which can  teach basics of Math.
Many exams like banking, CAT and other competitive exams require some
amount of Math skills,
and calculators are not allowed in many of these exams.
since many people would have discontinued math after 7th grade,
this software can tutor how to solve many of basic math problems
without taking help from others.
I will focus on mental math skills rather than using devices like
abacus or tailorframe because using  these devices needs some basic
training and would be difficult to learn these before appearing for
competitive exams.
I thought of including Addition, suptraction, multiplication,
division, percentage, ratio propotion, compound interest and other
basic  topics.
will this self tutoring software be of some use to visually challenged
atleast in India?
should I include any other topic of Math?
or can you suggest me of any other better  software that I can develop?
and is there  any other information (unique )  other than sharing
resources in regional languages that I can include in the website?
I have already developped an educational game and its perfectly
accessible with jaws so I will include even this in my website.
very sorry for writing long mail.
any suggestion would be of great help.
thanks and regards,
Vidhya.