Hi all,

Dipendra has answered most of the questions here. As regards drawbacks, it does
not tell me what the obstacle is. There are very few existing devices that can
do that so I do not have that expectation from this device.

The device is rugged so please have no fear. Remember it is meant for Indian
conditions so use it. I have dropped it down a flight of stairs and the cane
including the sonar device has not been damaged.

I do not have a scale to quantify its usefulness but one of the things I do is
to just use the sonar device when navigating in my office. I know that there
are no steps but there are plenty of humans who insist on standing in the most
unexpected of places.
Pranav