it is very essential to know about this important issue in fact, we always organise camps for cancer detection especially for visually challenged women every year through nab department of women's empowerment. once we had done through blind graduates forum of India. we do this with the help of the model of the breast with deferent sizes of beads in that in order to show the deferent stages.I will be interested in getting this book please give the details. thanks

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kotian, H P" <hpkot...@rbi.org.in> To: "AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerningthe disabled." <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2014 9:23 AM
Subject: [AI] breast cancer awarness for disabled women

All
A very useful info. Pl read on. The post did not get to the list.

Harish Kotian

This is a forward from another list. Kanchan
Dear list
There is massive increase in the number of cases of breast cancer and more of younger women are getting affected. Because of neglect and ignorance most of the women present symptoms beyond the earlier stage. There is an equal risk of breast cancer for women with disabilities as it is for non-disabled women. But the challenges we face for detecting, controlling, and treating it are often greater than those of non-disabled women. Unfortunately there are no information pamphlets for women with disabilities. Knowledge of the symptoms and factors that contribute towards it growth is important.The chances of getting breast cancer sometimes increase more in women with disabilities because of certain obvious conditions like obesity due to lack of mobility, lesser chances of breast feeding etc. Women with all kind of disabilities must be taught the Self Examination techniques. If they are unable to do it their care providers should be trained in it. . Breast self-examinations (BSEs) are a simple, private, quick way of taking control over one's own breast health. The care providers of women with learning and developmental disabilities have to be given some extra tips. Keeping in view the need to bring about awareness and dissemination of information on this subject, I have come out with a handbook or the women with disabilities. The book by the name of Keeping You Abreast, is bilingual i.e. it is in English and Hindi. I have also tried to bring it out in accessible formats i.e. in print form, audio books and e-book. It is also available at Google Play Store.
Regards

--
Abha Khetarpal
President

Counselor for the students with disabilities
University College of Medical Sciences, (UCMS) & GTB Hospital
Delhi

Non-institutional expert, Equality and Diversity Committee,
Enabling Unit, UCMS & GTB Hospital

Caution: The Reserve Bank of India never sends mails, smses or makes calls asking for personal information such as your bank account details, passwords, etc. It never keeps or offers funds to anyone. Please do not respond in any manner to such offers, however official or attractive they may look.

Notice: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If you have received this email by error, please notify us by return e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The Reserve Bank of India accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.