From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf
Of Mohib Anwar Rafel
Sent: 17 May 2014 22:10
To: accessindia
Subject: [AI] Urgent legal assistance required in scribe matter in Delhi
judicial services exam

Hi friends, I am going to appear in Delhi Judicial Services exam which
is scheduled to be held on 1st of June 2014. Earlier I submitted a
representation to Registrar General of Delhi High Court regarding
implementation of of MSJE and CCPD guidelines in upcoming DJS exam.
Wherein I demanded that the candidates must be allowed to bring their
own scribe and, 20 minutes compensatory time should be allotted each
hour to the candidate using services of the scribe.
Today (17th May) I received a letter from assistant registrar of Delhi
High court, allowing me to bring their own scribe and asking to
firnish the detail of scribe. I have problem with their conditions,
the letter reads as under:
"From
The Registrar General High Court of Delhi New Delhi
I am directed to inform you that you have been permitted to bring a
scribe of your choice for appearing in Delhi Judicial Service
Preliminary Examination - 2014 scheduled to be held on 01.06.2014,
subject to the condition that you will submit an affidavit containing
the details of the scribe viz, his name, father's name, residential
address, educational qualification and an undertaking that the scribe
is not a graduate / post-graduate in Law.
I am further directed to inform you that the aforesaid affidavit duly
sworn by you along with a photograph of the scribe, shall reach the
office of Joint Registrar (Vig.) by 25.05.2014 and in case of
nonreceipt thereof, it shall be presumed that you are no longer
interested in bringing your own scribe and in that eventuality, the
scribe will be provided by this Court at the respective Test Centre on
the date of the Examination.

Yours faithfully,
(Manish Aggarwal)
Assistant Registrar (Vigilance.)"

Respected members, these conditions are clearly contradictory to MSJE
guidelines. In case I am bringing my own scribe, before one week of
exam how can I ensure that I will bring such and such person? Some
time it is dependent upon the availability of the person and sometime
it is decided only one day ahead of the examination that who will be
my scribe. Here its very problematic to supply the details of the
scribe, indirectly they are again pushing us to accept their scribe
who are not even know how to read questions properly. I want to know
whether any humanright agency, any advocate on the list can help us to
file a petition on the behalf of candidates? If I will go personally,
it will take time and this precious time for the preparation of the
exam will be wested there.
Respected Adv. Subhash Vasist, can u do something for us?

--
Mohib Anwar Rafel
2009 - 2011 M.Phil, International Legal Studies, JNU.

ia.org.in

sent through this mailing list..