Many thanks muruganandan for your careful consideration of the issue.
We have National and international legislation/treaty which call upon
the state to facilitate easy access to public places for disabled But
religious shrines have not been specifically mentioned as one of the
frequent cites which PWDs visit.
As far as article 25 and 26 of Indian Constitution are concerned,
religious establishments are free to protect their religious practices
and propogate their religious preachings. Situation is little complex,
and we would have to find out the way where individual rights don't
clash with exclusive religious rights. And there has to be provision
for state-owned temples to provide easy access to persons with
wheel-chair.
I know There is a temple where menstruating women are not allowed from
entering in the temple's premises.  And such archaic and
discriminating practices must be challenged and done away with
forthwith. Still RPD Bill is lying with the Standing Committee, and we
can lobby to include specific clauses where religious shrines are made
accessible by the government for people with wheel-chair in
particular, and for persons with disabilities in general.