My heartfelt congratulations to All three blind achievers discussed in
this article.

Certainly splendid show by these superb stars have now made me crazy
to give an attempt at least one, fingers crossed...

Read on!
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Blind-girl-from-Tamil-Nadu-cracks-UPSC-exam/articleshow/36454609.cms
CHENNAI: The dream is to enter the IAS cadre and N L Beno Zephine, who
is visually impaired, is holding her breath until the marks for the
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) exam results are released in 15
days.

It was a tough few years of work, but Beno, 24, enjoyed it and has
secured an all-India rank of 343 in the UPSC exams. "Preparing for the
civil services made it easy for me to clear other competitive exams,"
she said.

She got a few books Brailled, but much of her preparation was done
with the help of her father and friends. "She would insist that her
father read the newspaper to her every morning, and she was an
exceptionally sharp observer," said Sathya, MD of Strategy IAS
Academy, who coached Beno to face the interviews along with experts at
Manidhaneyam IAS Academy.

Beno is one of more than 100 candidates from Tamil Nadu who made it to
the civil services this year. She had to juggle preparing for a PhD in
English literature from Bharathiar University with a full time job as
a probationary officer in SBI. "I learnt to balance both and
understood how to use my time efficiently in the process," she said.

She also downloaded the Jaws screen reader to get more information.
Her father works for the railways and prompted her to get into a
government job at a higher level and her mother is a homemaker.

Others like Sujitha from Chennai and Krishna Gopal Tiwari from
Varanasi  have made it to the IAS cadre, despite visual disabilities.
Experts said that the uniformed services are, however, closed to
people with disabilities.

--
Avinash Shahi
M.Phil Research Scholar