I am pasting the UGC circular regarding the above. I don't have latest update in this matter. hence, please contact to the concerned authority regarding the updates of this order.

No. F.1-2/92(PS) July, 1992

The Registrar

of all Universities, Instt. established under State Legislative Act,

Institutions Deemed to be Universities and Institute of National

Importance.

Subject :          Finance assistance to blind teachers.

Sir,

I am directed to say that sometime back, the University Grants Commission received a reference from National Association for the Blind, Faridabad through the Government of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development (Department of Education), New Delhi under which the association had suggested that there should be a suitable provision of financial assistance of Rs. 3,000/- atleast for the Reader's allowance, purchase of Braille, Books, recorded materials etc. for the blind teachers.

The above matter has been considered by the Commission and it is felt that the need is genuine. Accordingly, the university should consider to make annual provision for Reader's allowance, purchase of Braille, recorded materials etc. for the blind teachers, it may be employing. The expenditure on this account can also be met from out of the allocations made available for books and journals/equipment under the development plan of the university and so the university can claim UGC assistance for much expenditure within the Development plan outlay sanction to it by the university.

This may also kindly be brought to the notice of the colleges affiliated to your university for necessary action.

The receipt of the letter may kindly be acknowledged.

Yours faithfully,

Sd-

(I.J. GUPTA)

Joint Secretary

Copy to :

1.         W.N. Massey, Section Officer, M/HRD ,G.O.I., Deptt. of Education,

New Delhi with reference to his letter No. F.10-5/91-UI dated 15-3-92

2. Shri M.K. Tripathy, Placement Officer, National Association for the Blind,

           Faridabad.

3.         P.I.O., U.G.C. New Delhi with a request to give the

           contents of the letter as a News Items.

4.         Secretary, A.I.U., 16, Kotla Road, New Delhi.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Harikrishnan.G." <harikoda...@gmail.com> To: "AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issuesconcerning thedisabled." <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Sunday, July 06, 2014 9:44 PM
Subject: Re: [AI] Regarding the Readers Allowance

Sir, as per my knowledge, the visually challenged teachers working in the various colleges of Kerala are also not getting the readers' allowances for the last 3 or 4 years. About me, I have joined in the last year. I haven't yet applied for readers' allowance. Would greatly appreciate, if some one would please throw light on the things to be taken care off while applying for readers' allowance. From where we can get the proforma?
With Regards.
Harikrishnan G.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Soni Jo" <soni...@gmail.com> To: "AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerningthe disabled." <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Sunday, July 06, 2014 1:47 PM

Sir,
I have been not denied but didn't get any fund or any reply after
applying and also a follo-up letter. I have been paying out of my
salary since almost last two years.
PS. is there any mailing list of online platfor for visually impaired
teachers workin gin colleges and university in India?
Regards