From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf
Of mahendra
Sent: 09 July 2014 04:14
To: AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerning
the disabled.
Subject: Re: [AI] iPhone Accessibility Experience Sharing Session at NAB
Delhi

Hi Prashant
would it be recorded? would be shared with AI members?
will be simply great, if you do that.

At 05:51 PM 7/8/2014, you wrote:

>iPhone Accessibility Experience Sharing Session
>

>When: 26 July 2014 (Saturday) 2 pm to 5 pm
>
>Where: National Association for the Blind, Sector-5, R.K. Puram, New
>Delhi -
>110044
>
>Registration: Free of charge - Please contact NAB Helpline by phone 011
>6455
>6968 or email helpl...@nabdelhi.in. Last date to register is 21 July 2014.
>

>After the success of Workshops on Android Accessibility for the blind,
>NAB Delhi will be hosting series of sessions on iPhone accessibility.
>Apple products - iPhone, iPad, iPod are widely regarded to be very
>accessible and useful devices for the blind and low vision all over the
>world. In India also many visually impaired persons have started using
>these devices and many more are planning to purchase it.
>

>The objective of these sessions is to bring together experienced users
>of Apple devices to share their learnings with those who have either
>bought such a device recently or are seriously contemplating switching
>to this platform. We hope that the participants of this session will be
>able to make better use of their iOS devices for communication,
>entertainment and independent living.
>

>If you have been using the iOS devices for a long time and if you would
>like to share your experience then you are invited to this session.
>Please register yourself and indicate any specific topics or apps you
>would like to talk about.
>

>Those who have purchased iPhone or iPad recently or are seriously
>planning to buy one in the near future are also invited to the session.
>Please register early; we can accommodate only 25 entries.
>

>Some of the topics likely to be discussed are:
>
>1.       Optimal phone settings for accessibility
>
>2.       Alternative input methods:  Voice recognition, third party apps,
>external keyboard
>
>3.       News reading apps
>
>4.       Book reading options
>
>5.       iPhone or iPad as a note taking alternative
>
>6.       Maximizing use of GPS and maps for mobility
>
>7.       Use of the camera for object identification and reading
>
>8.       Accessible games
>
>NAB Helpline will compile tutorials and reference material on iOS
>accessibility and it will be shared with the participants and the
>community through internet after the session.
>

>To register and for more information please contact:
>

>Assistive Technology Helpline
>
>National Association for the Blind
>
>Sector-5, R.K. Puram, New Delhi - 110022
>
>Phone: 011 64556968
>
>Email: helpl...@nabdelhi.in

>Register at the dedicated AccessIndia list for discussing accessibility
>of mobile phones / Tabs on:
>ssindia.org.in
>

>Search for old postings at:
>http://www.mail-archive.com/accessindia@accessindia.org.in/
>
>To unsubscribe send a message to
>accessindia-requ...@accessindia.org.in
>with the subject unsubscribe.

> [...]

with warm regards

Mahendra Galani
skype chintu3886 Mobile+whats app+ Viber +4369917455595 Landline +4314943149
Addresse Herbst strasse 101/16/1
1160 Vienna Austria Europe

ia.org.in

sent through this mailing list..