hi,
question one:. What is difference between  ascii anci
Answer:
For general concept, they both fall under the category as one group
element have different identification number but different group will
use the same number with repeating of those numbers which were already
used by another group.
Question 2: Difference between unicode UTF8 and UTF16?
Answer:
I earlier have  explained  that letters converted in numbers, numbers
in zero and one. The zero is taken as switch off no supply of
electricity) and one is converted as switch on supply electricity).
Finally every things is converted into how many times on the switch
and how many time off the switch.
Take a real example:
65 is the code number of the English capital letter A.
If we convert the number 65 into one and zero (binary number) it
becomes  1000001
Count the number of zero and one here.
There is one at first and at last and rest are zero.
The total digit is seven.
It means switch the first one, switch off the second, third,
fourth,fifth, sixth and switch on the seventh. That is capital A.
This is only background information for your question.
Then what is utf-8 and 16 etc.
This is the span of a binary number.
Take an example:
you can write one as
1
01
001
0001
00001
000001
What is the different among these numbers?
In value all they are one but in digits they are different.
 01 is two digit and 000001 is six digit.
Now go to back again.
each letter of each language of the world have an unique number called
the uni Code.
English Capital has the code 65 but my Nepali ka has 2325.
if both letters converted into zero and one (binary number); A is 7
digit and my ka may have 12 digit and perhaps your Kannada ka may have
sixteen digit.
Now if we want write all number of equal digit say sixteen; we have to
add nine zeros in front of English A and four in front of my ka but no
thing to add in front of your ka.
In brief, it is a process of maintaining the number with same digit.
If it is smaller than the set span, zero are added in front of it but
keeping the value same.
In conclusion, The bit expresses the length of digit.
question three: what is font convert?
Answer:
Basically it is not a font convert but converting the code number of  a letter.
Remember my earlier example:
English 1, 2, 3, 4,  5, etc.
Russian 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc.
It is ASCII system.
In the same example I have written:
English: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,...
Russian 100, 101, 102, 103, etc
It is Uni Code system.

Now Font convert means converting ASCII into uni Code numbering system.
In the above example:
Converting Russian 1 into 100, 2 into 101, 3 into 102 etc. etc.
Making the ASCII code letter into uni Code letter
Hence The word Font convert is meaning less from real sense.

On 7/24/14, Renuka Warriar Edakkunni <eren...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Superb explanation.
>
> Renuka.
>
> On 7/24/14, Siddalingeshwar Ingalagi <ingalagisi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> hi sir, nice explaination. What is difference between ascii anci and
>> unicode UTF8 and UTF16? and what is font convert?
>>
>> On 7/23/14, Him Prasad Gautam <drishtibac...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi list,
>>> Many persons usually ask me what is unicode?
>>> Why screen reader work only in Unicode?
>>> Many VI fellows had requested me to make a system which may read
>>> non-uniCode letters which is not possible.
>>> They often complain that sited persons use non-uniCode system which
>>> they have to access.
>>> Here is a reply:
>>>
>>> Let you be clear:
>>> 1. computer only knows every thing in number, no letter, word, or
>>> order. For example, if you press enter key, computer understand it as
>>> 13. number of key. like your roll number in school.
>>> 2. It does not recognize anything except numbers.

Him Prasad Gautam
Kathmandu, Nepal