dear friends and elders
I'm facing problems while useing skype

previous I was useing skype 5.3 but when I click on it  it is not opening
it says need to upgrade latest verssion
present I'M useing skype 6.1 verssion
again I'm facing problem by useing this verssion
it is starting automatically  when computer has open
I'M not getting option to stop this
next problem is
I'M not able to call
it is not connecting