I am habitual of installing windows while the windows is running. I am sure that the installer copies, all the required files/folders, needed for installation on c drive in 2 folders and then, restarts the system to continue setup. my windows installation with dumped installer has never failled in last 10 to 12 years. only once, I was forced to install, using a pen drive and in that case too, nothing went wrong with my installation!

regards,
Keshav.

From: "Hozefa Tambawala" <starh...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2014 6:53 PM
To: "AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerningthe disabled." <accessindia@accessindia.org.in> Subject: Re: [AI] can I install windows with out having DVD wrider? if so,how!

Yes directly clicking on Setup.exe will start the OS installation, but
it will require the installation media once the windows get shut down
to copy new files on the hard drive.

As per my knowledge, while booting from CD / DVD / pen drive, we
cannot see the files present on the media. We can only choose the
option from the list.