-----Original Message----- From: avinash shahi Sent: 26/08/2014, 5:10 pm To: jnuvision; accessindia Subject: [AI] Nine-year-old blind girl raped in government school
dear all, on the behalf of nfb karnataka i update you about this sad incidant, 1 the girl is multipul disabled, she has low vision, speech impairment, cp and m i also. incidant has taken place in an unaided private school for such specialy chellanged children NFB branch of Karnataka is requested to follow up the case and build pressure to knab the assaultor http://indianexpress.com/article/cities/bangalore/nine-year-old-blind-girl-raped-in-government-school/ A nine-year-old visually challenged girl was allegedly raped by unidentified persons in a government residential school for specially challenged children in the Raibag Taluk of Belgaum district in north Karnataka. The incident came to light on Thursday night when the girl's parents brought their child to the KC General Hospital in Bangalore for treatment. The parents of the girl were unaware of the sexual attack on their daughter until they were told about it on Thursday by hospital authorities. School authorities in Raibag had told the uneducated, daily wage earning family on Tuesday that their daughter had fallen ill and that she requires treatment. The parents rushed their daughter who was bleeding excessively from Raibag to Bangalore for treatment on Thursday. They first took the child to a private hospital where they were directed to approach a government hospital. The parents brought the girl to the KC General Hospital on Thursday evening and the doctors who conducted the tests on the girl told the parents that she had been sexually assaulted. She was admitted for treatment in the intensive care unit of the hospital. The girl was not in a position to name her attackers the Deputy Commissioner of Police (North division) TR Suresh said. "The incident occurred in Belgaum district but we have registered a case under the provision of IPC for rape and also under the POCSO Act for crimes against children in Bangalore. We will transfer the case to Belguam for further investigation and to identify the accused," DCP Suresh said. The girl had joined the residential school for specially challenged children two months ago. Her parents got a call on August 19 from the school principal stating that their daughter was unwell and asking them to take her home. take up the -- Avinash Shahi Doctoral student at Centre for Law and Governance JNU Register at the dedicated AccessIndia list for discussing accessibility of mobile phones / Tabs on: http://mail.accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/mobile.accessindia_accessindia.org.in Search for old postings at: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ To unsubscribe send a message to [email protected] with the subject unsubscribe. To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes, please visit the list home page at http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.in Disclaimer: 1. Contents of the mails, factual, or otherwise, reflect the thinking of the person sending the mail and AI in no way relates itself to its veracity; 2. AI cannot be held liable for any commission/omission based on the mails sent through this mailing list.. Register at the dedicated AccessIndia list for discussing accessibility of mobile phones / Tabs on: http://mail.accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/mobile.accessindia_accessindia.org.in Search for old postings at: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ To unsubscribe send a message to [email protected] with the subject unsubscribe. To change your subscription to digest mode or make any other changes, please visit the list home page at http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.org.in Disclaimer: 1. Contents of the mails, factual, or otherwise, reflect the thinking of the person sending the mail and AI in no way relates itself to its veracity; 2. AI cannot be held liable for any commission/omission based on the mails sent through this mailing list..
