Proud to organize and host the function for a noble cause !

Source:
http://www.newindianexpress.com/cities/kochi/SRVC-Pat-for-Four-Visually-Challenged/2014/10/01/article2457131.ece

SRVC Pat for Four Visually Challenged
By Shweta Nair

Published: 01st October 2014 06:05 AM
*
The visually challenged with the guests and speakers at the award
function in at Vivanta by Taj Malabar on Tuesday
KOCHI: An ayurvedic doctor by profession, who also runs a clinic in
Kochi, Dr Rashmi Pramod received an award for excellence from Society
for Rehabilitation of the Visually Challenged (SRVC).
"I am happy to be honoured for my work. Eight years ago, SRVC helped
me achieve a lot in my career by giving me a new life. I have received
support from my near and dear ones for what I am today," said Rashmi.
SRVC has been training the visually challenged for the past 10 years
to make them financially independent.
"Our aim is to give equal opportunities for the visually challenged by
offering vocational training. But now our aim to get them into
mainstream professions. They can be employed in the sports field,
information centres where they can guide non-English speaking
tourists, tea and wine tasters, those in the perfumery, music and
hospitality sectors with their skill in foreign languages and also as
radio jockies," said SRVC project head M C Roy.
Four visually impaired individiuals were honoured with excellence
awards for their exemplary perfomance in their respective fields.
The event was  attended by Idea Cellular COO Vinu Varghese, Central
Excise and Service Tax Additional Audit-General C J Mathew IRS,
Ernakulam District Collector M G Rajamanickam, Rear Admiral K
Ravikiran, film directors Siby Malayil and Siddique, designer Poornima
Indrajith, DP World Kochi former GM Suresh Joseph, former Pro
Vice-Chancellor of Cusat  V J Papu, Varma and Varma managing partner
Venugopal C Govind. "Accepting someone as they are for what they are
is what is need of the day. Employing and dedicating time and being
passionate in an age where no one has the time for anyone else is
remarkable. Training the visually challenged to be self-reliant is a
commendable job," said Rear Admiral K Ravikiran.
The employers are happy to employ individuals who are assets to their
organisation despite their handicap.
"They do a wonderful job and are dedicated too. I have never received
any complaints against my two employees who are visually challenged.
In fact, their work culture is excellent," said Sunrise Hospitals
managing director Parveen Hafeez.
"SRVC is a group of people who have set their life aside to dedicate
time for others in need. We have better humans here in SRVC and I am
truly inspired today," said Poornima Indrajith.

--
Best,

Mujeeb
"Fools rush in where angels fear to tread."
Sent from my iPad