I am also interested to take DAISY training. Please provide details of
course, duration, fee, lodging and boarding etc.

On 10/10/14, Sathish Bader <sathish.ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Dr. Brijesh,
>
> I live in Austria in Europe. I acctually wanted to know more about the
> Walk.
>
> thank you for writting if i would have been in India i would have done it.
>
> once again thank you jjfjor the mail.
>
> regards
>
> Sathish
>
> On 09/10/2014, ghanshyam mohanta <ghanshyam.ghanshyam.moha...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> gdmrng brajesh sir i would like to contact u for dtb training. So give
>> me your contact no. Please.
>>
>> On 10/7/14, Dr Brijesh [Walk of Hope] <hope2...@walkofhope.in> wrote:
>>> Hello Friends:
>>>
>>> My name is Brijesh Kumar and I represent a non-governmental organization
>>> (NGO), Manav Ekta Mission, which is an initiative of The Satsang
>>> Foundation
>>> started by Sri M (Shri Mumtaz Ali), who is a spiritual luminary and an
>>> educationist.
>>>
>>> This mail is to share with you some developments we have on the front of
>>> Digital Talking Books (DTBs). You may be aware that DAISY Consortium is
>>> an
>>> international organization working on eXtensible Markup (XML) based
>>> standards on how to structure and package content to be rendered and
>>> used
>>> as DTBs and automatic transformation to Paperless Braille Devices or
>>> Braille Print Books or Large Print.
>>>
>>> We recently conducted a training programme for AICB engineers at the
>>> Digital Media Initiatives' office on the conversion process of print
>>> text
>>> books to DAISY format and further transformation to DTBs. These DTBs are
>>> rapidly generated and use synthetic voice rendered in English at this
>>> time.
>>>
>>> Manav Ekta Mission is association with Digital Media Initiatives has a
>>> target of converting a thousand books/ text-books into DTB format.
>>>
>>> I would like to know in this context that if there are many persons who
>>> are
>>> currently using a handheld DTB/ EPUB Player and a device that generates
>>> line-by-line output on a handheld paperless braille?
>>>
>>> Will this conversion of a thousand books and textbooks help many people
>>> who
>>> are visually challenged?
>>>
>>> We also wish to offer the tutorials/ training programme and a
>>> certification
>>> programme of this conversion process to IT enabled persons who have a
>>> basic
>>> understanding of HTML and who who are good at English. Would there be
>>> many
>>> who could be interested in to know how a print book can be converted
>>> into
>>> a
>>> DTB?
>>>
>>> BTW, to share with all, an interesting idea and project which we call
>>> WALK
>>> OF HOPE. The Walk of Hope is a walkathon, a padayatra, which we at Manav
>>> Ekta Mission are going to undertake from the southern tip of India, from
>>> Kanyakumari till Srinagar in Jammu and Kashmir in the north. We will
>>> walk
>>> for a little over 6800 kilometers, through 11 states and 86 districts of
>>> India during 2015-16. We are commencing this walk on January 12, 2015
>>> from
>>> Kanyakumari. We will walk 18 to 20 kilometers a day and for about 500
>>> days.
>>> The Walk of Hope is led by Sri M, the founder of Manav Ekta Mission. The
>>> purpose of the walk is non-political and is to spread Peace, Harmony and
>>> Human Oneness amongst  the fellow-beings. Human to human and Human to
>>> the
>>> Nature. Sri M says: Born Human. Be Human. Every Step for Humanity.
>>>
>>> Look forward to hearing from you soon!
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>>
>>> Dr. Brijesh Kumar
>>> Digital Talking Books Expert
>>> Digital Media Initiatives and Manav Ekta Mission
>>> Convener, Walk of Hope 2015-16
>>> <www.walkofhope.in>
>>> <intern.walkofhope.in>
>>> Clean India Campaign: Let us also chip in!

>>> of
>>> mobile phones / Tabs on:

>>> please
>>> visit the list home page at

>>> the

>>> mails
>>> sent through this mailing list..
>>>

>> Clean India Campaign: Let us also chip in!

>> of
>> mobile phones / Tabs on:

>> mails
>> sent through this mailing list..
>>

> Clean India Campaign: Let us also chip in!

Balasaheb Londhe
PGT English
Kendriya Vidyalaya no. 1 Devlali
Near Renuka Devi Mandir,
Rest Camp Road,
Devlali Camp,
Nasik-422401.
Maharashtra.
Mobile: 9421384310, 8550963230.
Skype: balondhe

Clean India Campaign: Let us also chip in!