Dear List Members,

Posting here for the benefit of those who have an account with
SBICapSec (SSL for short).

So, the bottem line was that I was frustrated with SSL's new platform
called SBI Smart, (I fail to understand its smartness even for sighted
users, forget blind) though. And I had almost made up my mind to
change my broker.

But given the formalities involved, I was looking for an easy way out.
And it is then I saw that SSL has an Exe version for its offline
clients. So I shooted them an email, asking them to either let me know
if there is an Exe version which I can use, or provide me with the
account closing form (which I could have happily downloaded from their
website if I so desired).

My fortune was in favour it seems, or they didn't  want to lose a
client. Anyways, so I got access to their Exe version, and I decided
to test it out.

This is just FYI, the software is called Nest Trader, and the company
which developed the software is called Omnesys Technologies Pvt. Ltd.

The Exe version seems to be pretty much accessible, and if you have
been trading for quite sometime now, then I don't think you would
mind looking at those ugly columns of the market watch which are put
up as a list view and grab whatever information you can in one
announcement as the keystrokes do not allow you to read the listview
column by column. And if you fail to understand in one go, then please
bare with the screen reader as you will have to listen to it all over
again!

Although I am still in exploration mode, but to save myself from the
pain of listening everything, I have arranged the columns of the
market watch and have only kept the most essential columns. And in
case if I want a particular script's history geography biography
etc...., then I can always use a feature which gives a snapshot of the
script.

Apart from this which is the most challenging part of any trading
software, rest of the things are quite accessible and most of it have
a keyboard shortcut too. Although not happy with the settings dialogue
as sometimes even Jaws Curser does not allow to change the category of
settings.

But over all, a good software to try and to get improved by writing to
the company concerned.

By now you know what is to be done. Happy to answer questions if any,
but please try to be an informed user yourself before asking, I would
really be thankful.

Happy Trading!
--
Amar Jain.
Website: www.amarjain.com

Clean India Campaign: Let us also chip in!