From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of
vishal sharma
Sent: 15 December 2014 15:54
To: AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerning the
disabled.
Subject: Re: [AI] RAILWAY EXTENDS E-TICKETING FACILITY FOR BOOKING OF RAIL
TICKETS TO DIFFERENTLY - ABLED PERSONS

great news indeed. but can someone provide details ,if available ,like rules
for kind of med certi to b submitted ,card validity etc. as it would b
difficult to part with original certi and like it was in news recently ,would
the card ,be not subject to renual for people with irreversible or permanent
disability.

On 12/15/14, avinash shahi <shahi88avin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Its a great development indeed. Day before yesterday this news was
> repeatedly aired on All India Radio but I didn't find in the
> mainstream English Dailies.
>
> On 12/15/14, Amar Jain <amarjain2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thank you Harish sir for pointing this out.
>>
>> From the Facebook Page of Ministry of Indian Railways, Government of
>> India:
>> RAILWAY EXTENDS E-TICKETING FACILITY FOR BOOKING OF RAIL TICKETS TO
>> DIFFERENTLY - ABLED PERSONS
>>
>>  In order to afford greater convenience in the booking of rail
>> tickets, the Indian Railways has extended the e-ticketing facility to
>> Physically Challenged persons i.e. Orthopaedically handicapped/
>> Hearing & Speech impaired persons/Mentally Challenged/ Vision
>> Challenged passengers.
>>
>>  Such persons desirous of availing e-ticketing facility are requested
>> to submit their original handicapped medical certificate along with
>> two copies of recent passport size photographs, photo-identity proof
>> and proof of Date of Birth in the Commercial Branch of nearest
>> Divisional Railway Manager's Office. After due verification of the
>> certificate/documents, such persons will be issued Photo-identity
>> card through which facilities of e-ticketing can be availed for
>> booking of rail tickets.
>>
>>  Some of salient features of the Photo-identity card are as follows.
>> This Photo-identity card is not transferable and must be used only on
>> journey conducted by the person in which this card is issued. The
>> element of concession shall be as per eligibility criteria based on
>> the type of disability in different types of trains and class of
>> travel. This concession is admissible to a single escort if eligible
>> on the type of disability, while traveling with the card holder. This
>> card is eligible for booking of reserved tickets from counters as
>> well as from internet on irctc.co.in. For availing the concession of
>> bookings, the card number shall be mentioned at the time of booking.
>> The card holder and escort accompanying the card holder must carry
>> their respective Photo-identity cards in original during the journey
>> for verification purpose by authorized railway official. At the time
>> of booking concessional tickets at the counter, the card holder must
>> produce the Photo-identity card in original and submit a photocopy of
>> the same. For other details, the general public is requested to click
>> on the Northern Railway's website at:
>> http://www.nr.indianrailways.gov.in/ticker/1418303200282Instructions.
>> ...pdf
>>
>> (This is a scanned document and the OCR results are not good)
>>
>> Regards,
>> --
>> Amar Jain.
>> Website: www.amarjain.com
>>
>> Clean India Campaign: Let us also chip in!
>>

>> Register at the dedicated AccessIndia list for discussing
>> accessibility of mobile phones / Tabs on:
>> cessindia.org.in

> [...]

Caution: The Reserve Bank of India never sends mails, smses or makes calls
asking for personal information such as your bank account details, passwords,
etc. It never keeps or offers funds to anyone. Please do not respond in any
manner to such offers, however official or attractive they may look.

received this email by error,  please notify us by return e-mail or telephone
viruses. The Reserve Bank of India  accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this email.

Clean India Campaign: Let us also chip in!