  From: Amiyo Biswas
  To: AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issuesconcerning the
disabled.
  Sent: Sunday, January 18, 2015 8:57 AM
  Subject: Re: [AI] Center no more blind to visually impaired, funds books in
Braille

  I also appreciate the government's initiative to set up new Braille presses
  and modernise existing ones through NIVH. Let us hope that we shall get more
  Braille books in future. A serious problem is that we get hardly anything in
  Braille after school, particularly in Indian languages. I want to read my
  favourite Bengali books in Braille. But just a few of them are available.
  However, we did not have text-books in Braille from class 6 in our days. The
  situation is slightly better now.

  As regards Braillers, these are too costly. The low-cost equipments produced
  in India too quickly go out of order. Refreshable Braille displays are
  beyond our reach.

  With best regards,
  Amiyo Biswas
  Cell: +91-9433464329