Sent: Friday, February 06, 2015 3:16 PM
Subject: [AI] Call for new NVDA developers

Dear All,

If you get thrilled in learning something new or if you enjoy solving
difficult problems, here is an opportunity for you that will take you on a
journey of learning, creating and solving problems that matter for all of
us. Together we can make our lives more productive and enjoyable.

We have received a few queries regarding the possibility of becoming an NVDA
developer. As NVDA is an open source software, anyone can get the code and
start developing, but in practice people find it difficult to approach such
a big piece of software.

There is another misconception within screen reader community that NVDA
cannot be adapted the way other screen readers can be, but this is wrong.
NVDA can also be customized using python programming language. For example,
someone can provide application specific support by creating an addon.

Given the above conditions, we are interested in finding out whether there
are people who are interested in learning NVDA development and contribute in
its growth. It is not very difficult if someone has a will to learn and
venture in to new areas. One would have to learn python, git and screen
reading in general.

There is already NVDA development mailing list, but that should be
approached once one is reasonably conversant with screen reader and
development.

To facilitate onboarding of more developers for NVDA, we are planning to
start a group. If there are at least 5 people interested in the development
of NVDA, we can figure out a way to guide your journey towards becoming an
NVDA developer.

We will guide you how to learn python, git, and NVDA, but we would expect
you to put in your effort as well.

If you are interested, just drop me an email and then we can take it
forward.

Regards

NVDA team