Dear all,
Hope you all are doing fine.
I want to pick up a hand-hel video magnifier and wanted your guidance on the
same.
I want a 4.3 or 5 inch one which is around the budget of $600.
On doing a google search, I was able to know of the following 3 magnifiers in
this range:
1. Smartlux by Eschenbach, a German make. This is a 5 inch one and costs around
$595.
2. Zoomax Capture by Zoomax, a chinese make. This is 4.3 inches and is around
$550 with an add on stand  for an extra $20.
3. Pebble HD by Enhanced Vision, an american make. This is 4.3 inches and is
around $595 with an add on stand  for an extra $20.

Is any one using any of these 3 or any other one in this range?
I'm confused which one to pick up.
 Each one seems to have their strengths and weaknesses.
For instance the Pebble HD is more portable and comes with a foldable stand and
allows to transfer saved pictures to a computer via the USB cable which the
Smartlux does not. But on a amazon review, a person says that the quality of
the Pebbble HD is not good since he had to send the unit  twice to replace the
video display and that the switch to increase the magnification got stuck.
the display screen of the Smartlux by Eschenbach seems to have a hard coat on
it as well as an anti-glare film

Also I was wondering about an important point i.e these magnifiers use
lithium-ion batteries, the pebble's battery is not accessible to the user, so
after the warranty expires and then after 2 or 3 years when the battery needs
to be replaced, does the customer have to buy a new Pebble HD magnifier?

Eschenbach advertizes that the SmartLux Digital's internal rechargeable battery
is in an accessible compartment so it can be replaced if needed. This means
users don't need to purchase a whole new video magnifier if the battery needs
to be replaced after the warranty expires--users can just buy a new battery
which costs much less than a new video magnifier.

The battery of the Zoomax Capture can also be easily replaced by the user.

The Zoomax Capture also seems to have some additional features like:
It Connects to TV, supports PAL/NTSC,
It comes with a wrist grip/ lanyard/ strap  to avoid falls, and
At start up, It memorizes and uses the most recent settings (viewing mode,
magnification, TV format, key tones etc.) so at every start up, we need not
again change the settings to suit our vision.

The Zoomax Capture seems to have the most number of features but unfortunately
I couldn't find any customer reviews online. This is a Chinese make and I hope
its quality is good. Is anyone using this Zoomax capture?
Eschenbach's Smartlux seems to be of a good quality but with very few features.
The Pebble HD by Enhanced vision  has many features but I wonder about its
quality and what about its inaccessible battery?

So friends, I would highly appreciate if you all could help me to make a choice.

All your valuable inputs shall be highly appreciated,
Warm regards,
Rishi.