hello all,

National Institute of Technology (NIT) Durgapur has advertised for
filling up faculty posts, including 89 posts of Assistant Professor. I
quote the instruction concerning the PWD categories:

"Reservation is applicable as per the norms of the Government of
India. However, PWD candidates in only the category of Locomotor
disability shall be considered."

However, I find absolutely no reason to exclude other category of
PWDs. The institute has departments of Humanities and Social Sciences
(HSS), Management Studies (MS) and others in which PWDs with Visual
impairment can work. And of course, now visually and hearing impaired
people have started thriving outstandingly in pure science disciplines
also.
Hence, the excluding of PWDs with visual impairment appears to be in
gross violation of the PWD act itself.

I request your opinion on this. I also would like to know if this can
be taken to the CCPD and lodged as a complaint against the institute.

the application and instruction can be downloaded as a PDF file from
the following link, Please refer page 13 for the instruction I have
quoted.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a52h23rwv01krur/_FINAL_ADV.pdf?dl=0

--
"THE OPPOSITE OF LOVE IS NOT HATRED, BUT INDIFFERENCE"
MURUGANANDAN.K