Wouv! I can see my dreams fulfilled, to read the literature, that too,
 in my native language?  on computer independently? Come on, make it
fast!

On 3/31/15, avinash shahi <shahi88avin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Mandi IIT develops software to convert text into speech
> Will be useful for visually challenged, in public announcement systems
> Mandi IIT develops software to convert text into speech
> http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/himachal/mandi-iit-develops-software-to-convert-text-into-speech/60141.html
> Student Pulkit Sharma explains the Text-To-Speech project to Chief
> Minister Virbhadra Singh and Director Timothy A Gonsalves on the IIT
> campus at Kamand near Mandi during the second convocation held on
> March 15. A file photo
>
> Dushyant Singh Pundir
>
> Tribune News Service
>
> Mandi, March 29
>  The Indian Institute  of Technology (IIT) here has developed a
> software to convert written text into speech.
>  Pulkit Sharma, a PhD scholar, said the software, Text-To-Speech (TTS)
> systems, would be a revolutionary step for visually challenged people.
>  It would enable them to use computers efficiently, as it would
> pronounce every word they would write, he said.
> "The system has numerous other applications. It can be used as a
> desktop assistant and can read out SMSs in mobile phone," he said,
> adding that the system could also be used in public announcement
> systems, to read directions and destination in a GPS device.
>  Pulkit, who hails from Hamirpur district, has been working on the
> project under the guidance of Dr Anil Kumar Sao, Chairperson, School
> of Computing and Electrical Engineering, IIT-Mandi.
>  Others helping him out in the project include Sarvesh, Nivedita,
> Priyanka and Manav.
>  Dr Sao said the work on TTS systems was being carried out by a
> consortium of 12 institutes headed by Prof Hema A Murthy of
> IIT-Madras.
>  The other institutes of the group include CDAC-Mumbai,
> CDAC-Thiruvananthapuram, CDAC-Kolkata, IIIT-Hyderabad, IISC-Banglore,
> IIT-Guwahati, SSNCE-Chennai, PESIT-Bangalore, DA-IICT-Gujarat,
> IIT-Kharagpur and IIT-Mandi.
>  Dr Sao said each institute would build a TTS system for one Indian
> language using a common framework and the IIT-Mandi was working on
> developing a TTS system for Rajasthani language.
> "Although the synthesised voice using the current TTS systems is quite
> intelligible, but research work is being carried out to make the
> voices more natural and human-like," he said.
>  Dr Sao said it was a unique project where researchers from 12
> different Indian institutes had come together to develop TTS systems
> for 12 different Indian languages.
>  It would largely help the visually challenged people, he said,
> adding: "If a visually challenged person wants to read news, the
> software will easily read it out if it is installed in his device."
> He said the project, which is sponsored by the Department of
> Electronics and Information Technology, was given to the institute in
> 2012 and the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC)-Pune
> was helping them out in evaluating the system.
> [...]

Mukesh jain
Email:
mukesh.jai...@gmail.com
mukeshheerachandj...@ntpc.co.in
Skype: mukeshjain211
Mob: 09977165123
"Face your deficiencies and acknowledge them; but do not let them
master you. Let them teach you patience, sweetness, insight. "

Helen Keller