Hi, yes a blog can also be a website. There are free as well as the
paid one out there. In case if you want to start with a free one, then
wordpress.com can be considered as the place to start. Another free
resource is googles blog spot.com. For google, you need not to sign up
rather you can use your existing gmail id to login. For wordpress you
would first need to sign up. Now in case if you want to go for a paid
one, then again wordpress.org would allow you to install the required
files in the root folder of your domain. You would need to purchase a
custom domain and some web space. This would cost you around approx
3000 rupees depending upon web space. In case of free blog you can
have a custom domain only if you purchase it at a cost. So in case of
free on you would have a domain as "www.domain.wordpress.com" and in
case of paid one you have your direct domain "www.domain.com". If you
need more help on this you could get back. Just for your understanding
I have a paid blog of my own running at
www.personality-development-mumbai.com

Thanks,