Dear friends,>>
<https://secure.avaaz.org/en/paralympics_fiasco_saheb_hossain_do/?bXzMScb&v=56388>>>
*Filthy toilets, no running water, unhygienic food and no ramps!
*That's> how pathetic living conditions were for us at a recent
national paralympic> meet. But *in 24 hours, the main organisers are
meeting in Bangalore to> discuss this fiasco* and if we act now to
demand tough action, we can> ensure our athletes never have to suffer
such conditions again. Act now:>>> [image: SIGN HERE]>
<https://secure.avaaz.org/en/paralympics_fiasco_saheb_hossain_do/?bXzMScb&v=56388>>
I'm a blind gold-medallist runner for India. I competed at the recent>
paralympics meet in Ghaziabad and personally experienced the
*shocking> living conditions -- filthy toilets, unhygienic food and no
ramps!!> *Paralympians> like me have fought this for years but the
*only thing that will ensure> change, is if you stand with us to
demand dignity.*>> The media attention has given me a ray of hope and
*in 24 hours, we can> push for action *-- because the main organisers,
the Paralympics Committee> of India are meeting in Bangalore to
discuss their recent debacle.>> If no one pays attention to their
meeting, nothing will happen and we'll> lose another chance to improve
our Paralympics. So *let's get thousands of> us demanding a **fair,
time-bound probe with a public report right now.*>> Please help me get
over 30,000 signatures by tomorrow and show the> Paralympics sports
organisers that *athletes have the backing of ordinary> people. They
can't get away with such shoddy games anymore. *Act now:>>
https://secure.avaaz.org/en/paralympics_fiasco_saheb_hossain_do/?bXzMScb&v=56388>>
When I started going blind, I decided to become a runner because I
wanted> to achieve something in my life. My friends and even my dad
used to say> that no good would come out of running. But I disagreed
-- it's given my> life meaning and *I feel so proud when I win medals
for my state and my> country. What upsets me though is the attitude of
the government and the> people managing paralympic sports in India.
*They show no sensitivity and> offer very little support to
paralympians, many of whom come from very poor> families.>> Despite
being in no position to host the 15th National Para-Athletics, the>
Paralympic Committee of India still went ahead with the games in
Ghaziabad> in Uttar Pradesh. Now they are blaming the government for
lack of funds and> five members of the Executive Committee have been
sacked. I've watched this> drama for years -- but what finally gives
me hope is the massive public> outcry after the media exposed the
squalid conditions.>> *There is still no official report or even a
deadline to produce one, on> this whole fiasco. *That's why our
pressure is needed. If we push the> Paralympic Committee to conduct a
time-bound probe and submit a public> report, we can ensure that our
athletes never have to put up with this> terrible treatment again.>>
Let's get to 30,000 signatures by Saturday before the Paralympic
Committee> meeting. Act now:>>
https://secure.avaaz.org/en/paralympics_fiasco_saheb_hossain_do/?bXzMScb&v=56388>>
The Avaaz community has come together to champion the rights of the
weak> against the strong. Let's do it again in India for the rights of
athletes> who have made such a huge contribution to the country and
yet who are not> getting the respect we deserve.>> With hope and
determination,> Saheb Hossain with the Avaaz team>> More
information:>> Paralympic Committee of India constitutes enquiry
committee (Times of> India):>
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/more-sports/athletics/Paralympic-Committee-of-India-consti...>
<http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/more-sports/athletics/Paralympic-Committee-of-India-constitutes-enquiry-committee/articleshow/46665677.cms>>>
Five members suspended from Paralympic Committee of India
(Firstpost):>
http://www.firstpost.com/sports/national-para-athletics-controversy-five-members-suspended-paralympi...>
<http://www.firstpost.com/sports/national-para-athletics-controversy-five-members-suspended-paralympic-committee-india-2178215.html>>>
No ramps, dirty toilets: Paralympic meet nightmare for
differently-abled> athletes (NDTV):>
http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/no-ramps-dirty-toilets-paralympic-meet-nightmare-for-differently-able...>
<http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/no-ramps-dirty-toilets-paralympic-meet-nightmare-for-differently-abled-athletes-748670>>>
Discriminated and ignored: The sad story of India's paralympians>
(Firstpost):>
http://www.firstpost.com/sports/discriminated-and-ignored-the-sad-story-of-indias-paralympians-20534...>
<http://www.firstpost.com/sports/discriminated-and-ignored-the-sad-story-of-indias-paralympians-2053495.html>>>>>>>>>
*Avaaz.org is a 41-million-person global campaign network* that works
to> ensure that the views and values of the world's people shape
global> decision-making. ("Avaaz" means "voice" or "song" in many
languages.) Avaaz> members live in every nation of the world; our team
is spread across 18> countries on 6 continents and operates in 17
languages. Learn about some of> Avaaz's biggest campaigns here>
<http://www.avaaz.org/en/highlights.php/?footer>, or follow us on
Facebook> <http://www.facebook.com/Avaaz> or Twitter
<http://twitter.com/Avaaz>.>> You are getting this message because you
signed "Stop Rape and Intimidation> of Women
<http://www.avaaz.org/en/justice_for_rape_victim>" on 2012-02-25>
using the email address sruti.d...@gmail.com.> To ensure that Avaaz
messages reach your inbox, please add av...@avaaz.org>

 1. Contents of the mails, factual, or otherwise, reflect the thinking
of the person sending the mail and I am not held responsible(in case
of all forwarded mails);
 2. I cannot be held liable for any commission/omission based on the
mails sent since all information is taken from the internet;
3. If you are not the said recipient please deleat the mail;
4. Any mails from me is not to hurt anybody's sentiments or emotions;

Health Provider-
consulting & practicing physiotherapy(v.i.)
Rehabilitation Personnel-
mobile:-+91 09322896185
email id-
 manish.agarwal...@gmail.com;