Hi,
Vidya,
Thanks for reminding me that filters can do this. I had completely
forgot about them.
Pranav,
As you talk about message rules, I vaguely remember reading an article
to type various syntax in the Search Mail edit field to filter and
sort your results according to sender and other related options which
are otherwise doable by filters. I shall do a quick Google search
later in the day, and if, in the meantime, anyone finds that article,
please do share it with me.
I probably will use filters if unable to get anything else.
Thanks.

On 4/12/15, Pranav Lal <pranav....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Bhavya,
>
> Most e-mail clients provide this feature. The terminology varies. Look at
> creating message rules or filters. In outlook, you can sort by sender if I
> am
> not mistaken.
>
> In your situation, you may want to consider using thunderbird.
> Pranav

Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah
reader for Microsoft Windows