Hey all, yesterday(10th of May 2015)  I was having my PCS priliminary
exam conducted by Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission. But I was
not allowed to appear in the exam just on the

basis of erroneous, fallacious and arbitrary conclusions drawn by
examination in-charge of that particular center.
When I entered into the examination hall along with my writer, the
examination in charge asked me to firnish my documents pertaining to
my disability. I handed over my

disability certificate for his perusal. After close examination of my
disability certificate, he told me that since your disability is
merely 70%, hence you are not

eligible to avail the service of the scribe. According to him the
writer are allowed only to those candidates who are 100% blind and not
less than that.
I was shocked after listening his conclusions, I enquired him that on
which basis you can say so, do you have any written rule? He said that
I have instructions from

the public service commission. On my insistency he called one of his
seniors (the representative of UP PSC) and confirmed me that only
totally blind are allowed to use

the scribe.
After lots of arguments, I asked him to give me in writing under his
seal that he is denying me for appearing in the examination on the
basis that only candidates with

100% blindness are allowed to avail the service of the scribe.
Accordingly he gave me this thing in writing after confirming his
superior authority. After that I made

a police report of violating various provisions of Persons disability
Act and acting in access to powers granted him by the commission.
The police officer interrogated the examination in-charge for half an
our and asked him to produce any written rule which provide that only
100% blind are allowed to

use the scribe. But he showed only the rule which provide that "netra
heen abhiyarthio ko lekhak ki swidha di jayegi", the facility of the
scribe will be provided to

the blind candidates. He was arguing that netra heen mean who can not
see, since you have 70% disability, you are not netra heen.
I told him that only word "netra heen"(blind) has been used and not
"poorn netra heen"(complete blind). More over sec 2 of Persons with
disability Act provides the

definition of the blind which include the partial absance of the sight too.
But he didn't agree and finally I was deprived of equal opportunity
for appearing in the examination.

--
Mohib Anwar Rafay

Phone: +919 555 555 765 / +9192 7879 0000