Before commenting on the main issue (which is infrastructural
 limitations in the NIVH premises for the blind), I consider that it
is important
 to rectify the errors that have been made in the first mail of this thread.
vebelieSince this list has large readership, spreading across the
 globe, people who read it must be having disparate purposes/
interests of their own for making reference to it. I believe that one
should write on such a big
 platform with great sense of responsibility and sincerity. Some of
its readers could be researchers who would consider
 this list a resource for collecting data for their study, errors like this may
 mislead them bitterly.
 In clarifying my position I would say, that I am not speaking as an agent of
 NIVH here, I am simply trying to put forward my opinion on the basis of my
 experience of 10 years long with the institution.
 Guys, ‘NIVH’ is written as "National institute of the visually handicap" in
 that mail mistakenly. It is 'National institute for the visually
 handicapped' rightly. We need to strive hard to make that institution
 in tune with the mistakenly given title.
Further, it was also stated
 in that mail that MSJE deals with the concerns of the blind people.
The sentence gives the impression that it takes up the concerns of
blind people exclusively,
 which it doesn’t. It rather deals with the concerns of people across
the spectrum of disability.
 Now I would come to the main point.
 As far as the food and its quality in NIVH goes, again wrong information
 is being spreaded. One could eat rice in desirable quantity with four
 chapattis in lunch as well as in dinner. However, doctors suggest that
 eating less in lunch is good for health. Admittedly yes, quality food
is a big concern there just like in many other
 institutions of the nation.
 As far as free roaming/meeting of both boys and girls in and outside
 the campus goes, it cannot be as smooth as it is here in Delhi. It is
 important to understand that NIVH premises does have many big and
 small organizations functioning within it. School up to 12th standard
 is one of the main part of the institution. And more than 300 boys and
 girls of teen age are studying there. Is it desirable to let them go
 anywhere any time? Certainly not. Also there is a training center that
 functions to educate/train adult blinds in NIVH premises. Many
 of the trainees are accidently blind and therefore are not habitual of
 moving with walking stick or other assistive devices. Some of them
come from far remote. Freeing them to
 move anywhere may be problematic as they may collide with rushing
 vehicles on the road and may get into further problems. NIVH premises is
 surrounded by two of the busiest roads of Dehradun. They are Rajpur
road and the
 newly constructed Nespila road. Commercial as well as private vehicles
 keep on rushing day and night there as both the roads connect Doon
 valley to Mansoori. These are some of the primary reason why people
are not permited to move anywhere 24 hours. As per serfing internet
goes, NIVH dehradun is having big and highly modernized computer labs
for school students as well as trainees. Helen Keller Bhavan is an
administrative building. And the vi-fi facility has been provided to
the bodies associated with administration only. Sharing its password
and id with students is not possible. Yes they may think of extending
vi-fi facility over the campus. But again the same issue of sharing it
with small kids would again come.

I would urge you to pl visit school building as well. I did not find
any reflection on school building as yet.
Cheers.

On 6/5/15, avinash shahi <shahi88avin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> One could read this write up in full at
> http://icareinfo.in/my-trip-to-nivh-some-reflections/
> On 6/4/15, ajit able <ajit.ab...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I was ex trainee of n i v.h. I saw things very closely ,inspite of beg
>> setup.autonomy.services r very poor irrugular suppy of books & magzines
>> massive irrugularity in recruitment poor fooding & lodgeing. Low quality
>> education & skill training. I pained to see this that time when i talked
>> with present trainees things r unchanged
>> NGO 's r limted resoures , but they deliver maxmum in minimum resourses N
>> V H  has maxmum resoure but deliver minimum with below quality.
>> U may compare with other national intitutes with N I V H at any label of
>> quality.
>>
>> <gopalfi...@gmail.com> w
>>
>> rote:

>> of
>> veracity;

>> of

>> please

>> of the

>> mails
>>> >
>>> thank you sir, meny,meny thanks to you. but why?
>>> i was trined  in 1981to1983.at the same NIVH senter.thats why after i
>>> read your mail i happy.once again thanks to you,information given
>>> regarding NIVH.
>>>   with regards your's t gopalakrishna bangalore.
>>> mob:
>>> 9019105558,
>>> e mail:
>>> gopalfi...@gmail.com

>> of mobile phones / Tabs on:

>> veracity;

>> mobile phones / Tabs on:

> Avinash Shahi
> Doctoral student at Centre for Law and Governance JNU

Ritesh Singh Tomer
Research Scholar {M.Phil.}
Zakir Hussain Center for Educational  Studies,
JNU - New Delhi - 110067