Sir,

Academicians like faculties, academic administrators, principals,
course coordinators and trusties of schools and colleges do not have
awareness about special need of individuals with disabilities. They
cannot understand that persons with disabilities can also learn
similar to other able body persons and make career in all sector.
That's why some principals are are making statements that music and
handicrafts like courses are suitable for children with disabilities.

Appointment of special educator is must. Simultaneously Awareness
programs on inclusive education should be started for various
stakeholders of academics and they are sensitized for various academic
needs of individuals with disabilities. They should also be sensitized
about potential and capabilities of individuals with disabilities
which will help them in their decision making related to policy matter
of persons with disabilities. Inclusive education can not be made
successful unless there is resource teachers for children with
disabilities at least  one resource teacher and disability support
service unit in schools cluster in specific geographical area like a
city. Students and their parents in inclusive schools have to face
several difficulties at every step of their academics. CBSE and state
board immediately start sensitization program for their teachers. We
will help them in designing policy and awareness program for school
teachers and athorities of secondary education.

RegardsOn 7/8/15, Asudani, Rajesh <rajeshasud...@rbi.org.in> wrote:
> CBSE makes special educators must in all schools
> Abhishek Choudhari|
>  Jul 8, 2015, 03.28 AM IST
>
> http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/nagpur/CBSE-makes-special-educators-must-in-all-schools/articleshow/47979906.cms
> Nagpur: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has now made it
> mandatory for all affiliated schools to appoint a special educator so that
> children
> with learning disabilities could be assimilated with other students. Apart
> from the central board's philosophy of "inclusive practices" in schools,
> this
> directive has also been necessitated due to strict guidelines of the Right
> to Education Act (RTE).
>
> DTS Rao, board's joint secretary, wrote in the letter to schools containing
> above directions, "Board will appreciate cooperation of the schools in
> implementation
> of the above."
>
> Laying down broad guidelines, CBSE said a special educator was specifically
> required in schools to work with children and young adults who required
> additional
> support in order to complete their learning successfully. Rao wrote,
> "Special educators (SE) will focus on children with physical disabilities,
> sensory
> impairments, developmental disabilities such as autism, mental retardation,
> cerebral palsy and specific learning disabilities as they are emotionally
> vulnerable
> and have behavioral difficulties". The scope of work has been widened for
> SEs as CBSE says they could also work with "gifted and talented children".
>
> But finding qualified SEs is a big challenge for schools. Annapoorni
> Shastri, senior principal of Bhavan's BP Vidya Mandir (Shrikrishna Nagar),
> said, "In
> Nagpur it is difficult to get SEs with proper qualifications. Part of the
> problem is that in teacher training colleges, special education course is
> focused
> on kids with hearing and speaking disability rather than autism etc."
>
> Schools where such children are enrolled said teaching approach has to be
> tailor-made. Shastri said, "For an autistic child there has to be
> one-on-one
> teaching and they cannot be burdened with all subjects at once, hence the
> open schooling system is for them. For others, CBSE does offer choices of
> subjects
> like music, e-typing etc which are relatively easy to handle."
>
> Apart from subject choices, the other aspect that makes inclusive education
> possible is the students' support system on campus. Sumathi Venugopalan,
> principal
> of Centre Point School (Wardhaman Nagar), said, "Every student moves up from
> our pre-primary section school, Mothers Pet, so they all are anyway close
> to each other. It is only at a later age that learning disabilities become
> [...]

Dhananjay Bhole,
coordinator,
Accessibility research group,
Department of Education and Extension,
Savitribai Phule Pune University,
Ganesh Khind road,
Pune 411007.
Email: drbh...@unipune.ac.in
Website: http://www.unipune.ac.in/atbslc
PH: +912025601352
Telephax: +912025601301
cell:+919850123212

"through difficulties and problems, god gives us opportunities to
learn and grow" Dr.Kalam