Yes there is some work being carried out by some organisations, as
there are special recruitment drives being rolled out by these.

Some of the organisations who have recently advertised SRDs for
persons with disabilities include:
1. Bharat Petroleum Corporation
2. Hindustan Petroleum corporation
3. HLL life care
4. Hindustan instectisides limited
5. Atomic mineral development
6. power finance corporation
7. Rural electirfication

These are some of those for which I have gone through the
avertisement. But I would like to mention here that some of these
organisations are trying just to make an eye wash, as:

1. the no. of vacancies advertised are very lesser
2. most vacancies advertised are in the group C and Group D
3. Some are not offering any position to Visually Impaired persons

there are a lot of other points which need to be taken care of.

In my opinion there must be an independent body like CCPD that should
have the complete information about the total backlog, vacancies
advertised and the job offered and to which category of disability so
that the order by the Hon'ble Supreme Court and the guidelines issued
by DoPT are obeyed / followed to its fullest.

Also there should be a review committee in this regard.

Deepak Singla

On 8/6/15, Amit Bhatt <misterbh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> Last month there was some news on backlog vacancies for people with
> disabilities including those persons with vision impairment.
>
> Supreme Court of India was supposed to say something on the program planned
> by the Government in the direction of vacancies to be filled. I've heard
> around 4000 job vacancies for visually impaired are lingered in various
> ministries of India.
>

> Is any further headway on this way?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Amit Bhatt