On 25 Jan 2007 at 0:49, Szigy wrote:
> Yesterday tried to download a binary file using:
>  GETSIZE 50000
>  XUUENCODE
>  http://site.adress
>   The server returned me the 'n' UU coded trunck's, but with badly
>  missaligned (variable lenght) lines, unusable for decode.

Can you send us the address of a binary that is not
working for you?

I have not seen the problem you describe (variable
length lines in a uuencoded file).

Anyone who has had difficulty decoding split
uuencoded files might consider using Uudeview-32.
It's a Windows program obtainable in two forms

1. exe only (185 kb)
   http://www.miken.com/uud/uud32_14/UUD32_14.zip
   or
   ftp://ftp.miken.com/pub/uud32_14/UUD32_14.zip

2. installer (600 kb)
   http://www.miken.com/uud/uud32_14/Uud32Setup.exe
   or
   ftp://ftp.miken.com/pub/uud32_14/Uud32Setup.exe