Hi,

This working group has been in a state of indecision about this draft
for quite some time and I would like to gain some clarity on the matter.

On the one hand, we have a draft that there seems to be unanimous
agreement would be useful to the lighting people.  On the other hand, we
have some concern that the draft might be misapplied to environments
where PSK/symmetric keys should not be employed.

As Hannes wrote, security is not a black and white matter.  We need to
acknowledge that fact.  This, to me, seems to boil down to an
applicability statement.

On the matter of status, it is not appropriate to release this as an
experiment.  People want to code, release that code and see their
customers use that code.  This is precisely what a proposed standard is for.

I would like to see this draft adopted by the working group, an
appropriate applicability statement added, and see it shipped.

Eliot