On 18/12/2018 15:48, Stefanie Gerdes wrote:
Hi Hannes,

I think the text is much better now. Protecting the integrity of
self-contained tokens is not sufficient, however. The RS must not only
ascertain that the token is integrity-protected but also validate its
authenticity, i.e., that it stems from an authorized AS.

Viele Grüße
Steffi

Hi,

I've merged Hannes' PR, fixed a typo and added a sentence as follows:
For self-contained tokens the RS MUST process the security protection of the token first, as specified by the respective token format. ~snip~ This MUST include a verification that security protection (and thus the token) was generated by an AS that has the right to issue access tokens for this RS.

I have not extended this requirement to tokens passed as a reference, since in that case the RS needs to do introspection at an authorized AS anyways. It would thus not get the claims of a token issued by an unauthorized AS, which would in turn lead to the token being discarded.

Does that sound correct to you all?

/Ludwig

--
Ludwig Seitz, PhD