From: Ludwig Seitz <ludwig.se...@ri.se>
Sent: Donnerstag, 7. Februar 2019 16:29
To: Hannes Tschofenig <hannes.tschofe...@arm.com>; ace@ietf.org; oa...@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [OAUTH-WG] [Ace] Shepherd write-up for
draft-ietf-oauth-resource-indicators-01

On 07/02/2019 16:15, Hannes Tschofenig wrote:
> Hi Ludwig,
>
>> My interpretation of this is that "resource" refers to a single resource
>
> No. Here is the text from token exchange (see last sentence):
>
>     resource
[...]
> Multiple "resource" parameters may be used to indicate
>        that the issued token is intended to be used at the multiple
>        resources listed.

Enumerating the audience is not the same as addressing it by a group name.

I agree that without too much stretching of the definition of the
resource parameter I could use URIs as group identifiers, however the
audience claim is defined to be "StringOrURI" so if someone defines an
audience identified by a String that is not an URI how does a client ask
for that with the resource parameter?

Or in short: Why don't you make your resource parameter mirror the "aud"
claim?

/Ludwig

--
Ludwig Seitz, PhD