On 07/02/2019 17:12, Hannes Tschofenig wrote:
Hi Ludwig,

What I understood from the feed-back is that using a parameter
called "aud" in a request to the token endpoint would be
interpreted as a restriction on the audience of authorization
servers that are addressed by this request.

I am not talking about a parameter called 'aud'. Take a look at the
token exchange spec -- the parameter is called 'audience'. 'aud' is
the name of the claim.

Ciao Hannes

Ok I see, I had that mixed up.

Let me just note that having an "audience" parameter and an "aud" parameter (which is also referred to as 'audience') is not ideal when one wants to avoid confusion.

It seems the token-exchange draft is quite advanced, so referring to its "audience" parameter instead of defining "req_aud" (with more or less the same semantics) seems reasonable to me.

Do the chairs think that this would unduly delay the progress of draft-ietf-ace-oauth-params?

/Ludwig

--
Ludwig Seitz, PhD
Security Lab, RISE