Hello,

Ludwig, I agree that the current draft describes specifically for when CBOR
is used.
When CBOR is not used, I have read it as it will act similar to Section 5.2
of [RFC6749] <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6749#section-5.2> as you have
indicated also in the ace-oauth-authz document.

Therefore, instead of an indirect reference to RFC6749 by referencing
ace-oauth-authz, we used a direct reference to explain what the error
response should be.

Is this problematic? or confusing?

I can reword in mqtt_tls draft something like:
"As described in [ace-oauth-authz] the error responses for JSON-based
interactions with AS follow RFC6749. When CBOR is used, the interactions
MUST implement [ace-oauth-authz]"

Would that help?

Thanks,
--Cigdem