Jim,

Jim Schaad <i...@augustcellars.com> writes:

[Ben's review]
> We also are potentially in violation of the framework's requirements with
> respect to the independent selection of profiles for client/AS and client/RS
> interactions -- at present, when DTLS+RPK is used for client/RS, we require
> that DTLS+RPK is also used for client/AS, in order to prove possession of the
> key.  We could perhaps weasel our way out by saying that the framework's
> requirement applies at the profile granularity, and with symmetric PSK we can
> be fully independent, but we still need to say something about this property
> and the interaction with the framework's requirements.
>
> [JLS] I am missing where it is saying this.   Can you give a pointer?  I
> don't believe that the POP of the RPK is required at the time that the token
> is obtained.

The problem is that AS must bind the Access Token to the RPK that the
Client has presented, and the Client must use the very same RPK to
establish the DTLS channel with RS. Otherwise, RS cannot be sure that AS
has issued the Token to the same entity that is currently communicating
with RS.

Grüße
Olaf