As I said today, the role of AIF [1] in ACE documents can only be as a
suggestion, or as a starting point, because it assumes that the (resource)
names are static, and something application-specific has to be added for more
dynamic names.

The current MQTT proposal [2] is different in three ways:
(1) it has different verbs (publish, subscribe)
(2) it uses topic filters instead of resource names
(3) it uses a text-based syntax.

I think that (3) has all the usual problems, so I would recommend against this.
(1) and (2) can be mapped to the structure of AIF without any pain, and I would
recommend for this.

In summary, essence, AIF could be made useful as the base suggestion for MQTT
as well as REST, with the refinement for verbs and filters retained in the
current draft.

Grüße, Carsten

[1]: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bormann-core-ace-aif
[2]: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ace-mqtt-tls-profile-04#section-3