We should make sure to keep draft-tiloca-core-oscore-directory in mind for
this.  It has a relation link defined for the Authorization server.

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: Ace <ace-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of Carsten Bormann
Sent: Monday, June 1, 2020 7:52 AM
To: Seitz Ludwig <ludwig.se...@combitech.se>
Cc: Benjamin Kaduk <ka...@mit.edu>; ace@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Ace] "default value" for authz-info endpoint

On 2020-06-01, at 11:13, Seitz Ludwig <ludwig.se...@combitech.se> wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
> I had a look at the well-known URI list at IANA and it seems that for vanilla
> OAuth 2.0 endpoints (authorization, token, introspect) there are no
> well-known URI:s either. What exists is an URI used by the authorization
> server to self-describe (including attributes giving the values of the
> endpoint's URIs).
>
> So my interpretation would be that instead of defining a well-known URI for
> authz-info, we need to define an attribute that a Resource Server can include
> in its well-known information to identify the authz-info endpoint URI it is
> exposing.
>
> @Carsten (or other core experts): Would it make sense to define a new
> attribute in the /.well-known/core format for Resource Servers using coap?

It would probably not be an attribute but a link relation and/or a resource
type.

I would expect the authz-info resource would usually be the same for an entire
server?
This might argue for the “hosts” link relationship and an rt= registration.

Registry:
Resource Type (rt=) Link Target Attribute Values in Constrained RESTful
Environments (CoRE) Parameters

If the authz-info is often different for each resource, a link from the
resource to the authz-info with an appropriate link relation would work best.

Registry:
Link Relations

Grüße, Carsten