On 2020-06-30, at 12:19, Olaf Bergmann <bergm...@tzi.org> wrote:

> NEW:
>
>   All CBOR data types are encoded in canonical CBOR as defined in
>   Section 3.9 of {{RFC7049}}. This implies in particular that the
>   `type` and `L` components use the minimum length encoding

Note that 7049bis, which has been submitted to IESG already, all but deprecates
this and replaces this with “deterministic encoding”.  There is only one actual
technical change, which is about map ordering.  Also, please check whether
“preferred encoding” would actually be enough.

I would generally prefer to avoid the need for deterministic/canonical encoding
— is there really a need to re-encode the token?

Grüße, Carsten