Hi John,

C must not communicate with an AS which it doesn't trust. As stated in
section 6.5, "the client MUST be able to determine whether an AS has the
authority to issue access tokens for a certain RS." The client would
therefore notice if RS or an attacker tries to trick C into
communicating with an AS that is not responsible for this RS. C then
must not communicate with this AS. I therefore do not understand how a
DDOS attack would work. Maybe section 6.4 was not changed after the
security requirements for the client in section 6.5 were defined.

I agree that a hard-coded list is not a good mechanism for realizing
authorization on the client-side. As an alternative, the client may have
an own authorization manager that helps the client with validating the
authorization of the AS. But as far as I know, an authorization
mechanism for the client side is not in scope for the ACE framework.

Viele Grüße
Steffi